Thursday 10 July 2014

Summer Make-up Tutorial using The Body Shop Shimmer Cube


Hey everyone, so you all know how much I love The Body Shop, so I thought I would do a summer  make-up tutorial using The Body Shop Shimmer Cube 23.


First I apply my concealer. I use the wand to apply the concealer to my under eyes, on my blemishes and freckles. I wait about 10 seconds then blend out. I use Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour  in shade number 2.


Next I apply my foundation. I apply a small amount to my fingers then dab this on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. I then spread and blend this out to cover my whole face. That needs to be done quickly as it starts to set quite fast. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Cool Bone.


To set my foundation  I use a pressed powder.   I use the Real Techniques Stippling brush to stipple this all over my face. The stippling brush apples an even amount of product in a fast and even way.I then take my kabuki brush and dust over the top to ensure all foundation has been covered.I use Rimmel Clear Complexion in transparent.



Next I contour my face with bronzer. I apply this with a N07 Blush powder brush, starting in the hollows of my cheeks and working up to my temples. Then under my jaw line and blending down the neck. I use the bonzing compact by Active. 

 

Next is my favourite step, eyeshadow. I apply this in stages. I am using The Body Shop Shimmer Cube 23. This is a good place to mention that the body shop shimmer cubes can be used wet or dry. Use a wet brush to apply more of the hightly pigmented shadow for intense colour or apply with a dry brush for a more subtle look. 



Firstly I take pearly white and apply it as a highlighter just under my eyebrows and in the corners of my eyes by the tear-duct. I use The Body Shop eyeshadow brush for this.


I then take candy pink and apply this to my entire lid. Again using The Body Shop eyeshadow brush. Sorry that the pin hasn't shown up much in this picture.

 

The next step is to apply orchid purple to the crease and upper and lower lash line. I do this with The Body Shop slanted brush. 


I then blend out the crease with The Body Shop blending brush.


I love The Body Shop brushes as they are good quality and soft and gentle on the eye. They are easy to wash and do not loose any hairs and last for years.


The last step for the eyes is mascara. I apply my upper lashes first then zig zag the lower lashes. This gives volume, if like me you like length let the first layer dry and then add another layer to give the length required.


Last but not least is lipstick. Normally I do not like lipstick due to the dry or slimy feeling or most of all the taste. However  the Estee Lauder creme lipsticks feel smooth and as if your not wearing a lipstick. Best of all there is no horrible taste. This shade is crystal pink.

I hope you enjoyed my summer look. Take care x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for viewing my blog, please comment, ask questions and make suggestions below. You can never have too many friends!