Sunday, 20 November 2016
Top 10 Christmas Traditions for Couples
Hello everyone. This time of year can be a stressful time and its important in all the commotion to enjoy it and make memories. Every family has their own traditions so why not start your own as a couple. Below I have put my top 10 traditions for couples.
1. Buy a meaningful ornament that sums up the year-You don’t have to buy this at Christmas time, keep an eye out all year. Another option is to visit a special Christmas shop and choose one together. It should represent the events and or experiences of the year. These can be things like passing your driving test, getting a new job or promotion. It could also be important life events such as getting married, having a baby or important holidays.
2. Putting a hot drink in a thermos flask and drive round looking at Christmas lights- Sometimes when money is tight we need to be more creative with our ‘special’ time because we still want to make memories to last a lifetime. Driving out to see the lights is very inexpensive but can be very romantic.We all have houses in our areas that have huge displays that seem to take more electricity than the rest of the village together. It might be fun to watch these each year and see what they do next.
3. Watch Christmas Movies together and pick ones you will return to year after year. How many films you choose to watch depends on your own schedule. Paul and I work contrasting shifts so the time we have together is limited. We will watch a Christmas movie once a week leading up to Christmas. We have a large collection so will have to choose carefully our new ‘traditional’ films.
4. Take time to sit together and talk. Christmas is such a busy time and can be stressfull so its important to take time out. Listen to Christmas music, while cuddling and sipping hot chocolate or festive coffee. Turn all the lights off apart from your twinkling Christmas lights.
5. Go Christmas shopping together. Start off by buying gifts for your friends and family, this will be nice for you to plan together who you think would like which gifts. Then go and sit down and have a coffee or hot drink together. Then go your separate ways and shop for each other. Remember to arrange a place and time to meet afterwards.
6. Pick a Christmas Candle Scent The sense of smell is linked to memory, the smell of a particular sent can transport you back to a particular time or place. Why not find a scent together that you can burn every Christmas and remember past Christmases.
7. Christmas Photo Scavenger Hunt
Items to Find on Your Christmas Scavenger Hunt
· Something wooden
· One artificial flower from a poinsettia
· White, green or red button
· Something old
· See if you can name all of Santa's reindeer
· A sprig of real mistletoe (be careful-skip if small children or pets are involved)
· A photo of something Christmasy
· Something in black and white print
· A white birthday candle
· A small piece of Christmas wrapping paper
· Any type of hair accessory
· One Christmas bulb
· One gold Christmas ball ornament
· Paper cup with something Christmasy on it
· Green rubberband
· Piece of lace at least 2 inches long
· A Christmas card
· Sing a couple rounds of Jingle Bells
· Piece of string at least 6 inches long
· Any size battery
· Book of matches
· Napkin with a logo
· Find a Salvation Army bell-ringer and donate some money
· Either a red or green Crayon
· Packet of ketchup or hot sauce
· Salt or Pepper
· Red straw
· Small toy
· The names of 3 Christmas songs
· Something broken
· A peppermint candy cane
· Do at least one good deed while you're out
8.Build a gingerbread house. Many supermarkets and online retailers sell gingerbread house kits they can be inexpensive and picked up for under £5. It will be fun to personalise or decorate this together. The smell will be wonderful too.
9.Hot chocolate Bar This is another idea that can be as budget or as extravagant as you wish. I like the sachets you can buy in supermarkets as this means you can have different flavours. Remember the little extras like marshmallows, sprinkles or chocolate dust. This gives you something you can look forward to and enjoy together.
10 Christmas Eve Box The first year you do this you could actually put some time into sourcing and personalising the box itself. Then it comes to filling it. Think about the experience you want to have on Christmas Eve and this will effect what you put in. I want it to be a Christmas Focused , cozy and relaxing evening to look forward to. I would have new warm PJ’s, a Christmas DVD, Christmas themed snacks and cosy socks.
Please have a look at my vlog on this on my Youtube Channel. Do you have any Christmas Traditions? Please put them in the box below:-
Sunday, 5 April 2015
Hey everyone! Long time no see ;)
So I know I have had a long break but I'm back and I don't plan on going anywhere.
Today I want to share with you my new spring nail polish by BarryM. I will show you how I do my nails with a step by step guide so you can do it yourself.
First thing is to prep or plan, make sure you have everything you need with you, and that you have been to the toilet as you don't want to have beautiful nails and spoil them because 'you have to go lol'.
Apologies for the George Foreman Box but I wanted it up off the floor and this is all I have. Here are all the products I used for my new spring nails. I did not actually need to use the quick dry spray as the polish did dry really fast.
So as you can see I had pink and shimmer nail varnish on which I need to remove first. I used Boots Cotton Wool Balls and Nail Nation Nail Polish Remover. I put a dab of remover on the ball, hold it on the nail for a few seconds then gently rub off the polish.
Next I use the Boots 4 way Nail Block to create a healthy smooth base for the polish. 1 file your nails to the shape you like. I prefer the sqoval. So neither square or oval...just to be awkward lol. 2 file over the nail to rub away ridges. 3 smooth nails and get rid of nail dust. 4 shine nails for the finished base.
I always use a base coat, I like to protect my nails to ensure they do not stain. This is the 2 in 1 base coat and ridge filler with keratin, it makes my nails stronger and makes the polish easy to remove too.
Now for the fun bit the polish itself. I have chosen my new BarryM Quick Dry polish in 'Eat my dust'- blue. This is a fun spring shade and as I have a busy week of driving ahead I need to have nails I can rely on. I love BarryM because it lasts at least 7 days, no chips, no fade just shiny strong nails. This polish dried super fast, in minutes it was dry and ready for the next layer. I applied 3 coats to give a smooth solid colour.
Now I add my 17 double gloss clear top-coat. I add a top coat to protect my colour and add a it of shine to matt or dull polishes.
There you have it spring nails ready for my tough week ahead. Do you have a favourite BarryM colour or do you have another brand you love?
Saturday, 4 April 2015
I am back blogging on here and vlogging on Youtube. I am looking at revamping my blog and vlog and possibly changing the name. Do you think Life from my perspective is too long? So a quick update:
1. Monday morning is the first day of my intensive driving course. My test is on Friday, I will do a vlog everyday to tell you what I did and how I feel.
2. My partner and I are going to be working with a nutrutionalist to try and transform our bodies and look our best.
3. I am taking up road cycling, I am saving up for my bike and will do a review or unboxing when I get it.
I am excited about coming back to Facebook.
Thursday, 17 July 2014
Hey everyone, I have some exciting news. Last night I launched my new website. It took me a few days to build and get everything as I want it but I am happy with it for now. I will eventually get my own domain name which will be better. Please check it out and leave me your thoughts in the comment box.
The next exciting thing is that I had my new starter training. It was amazing, very inspirational. I learnt a phenomenal amount of information about our products and their ingredients.
I have so much enthusiasm for the business, its products and values.
Thursday, 10 July 2014
Hey everyone, so you all know how much I love The Body Shop, so I thought I would do a summer make-up tutorial using The Body Shop Shimmer Cube 23.
First I apply my concealer. I use the wand to apply the concealer to my under eyes, on my blemishes and freckles. I wait about 10 seconds then blend out. I use Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour in shade number 2.
Next I apply my foundation. I apply a small amount to my fingers then dab this on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. I then spread and blend this out to cover my whole face. That needs to be done quickly as it starts to set quite fast. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Cool Bone.
To set my foundation I use a pressed powder. I use the Real Techniques Stippling brush to stipple this all over my face. The stippling brush apples an even amount of product in a fast and even way.I then take my kabuki brush and dust over the top to ensure all foundation has been covered.I use Rimmel Clear Complexion in transparent.
Next I contour my face with bronzer. I apply this with a N07 Blush powder brush, starting in the hollows of my cheeks and working up to my temples. Then under my jaw line and blending down the neck. I use the bonzing compact by Active.
Next is my favourite step, eyeshadow. I apply this in stages. I am using The Body Shop Shimmer Cube 23. This is a good place to mention that the body shop shimmer cubes can be used wet or dry. Use a wet brush to apply more of the hightly pigmented shadow for intense colour or apply with a dry brush for a more subtle look.
Firstly I take pearly white and apply it as a highlighter just under my eyebrows and in the corners of my eyes by the tear-duct. I use The Body Shop eyeshadow brush for this.
I then take candy pink and apply this to my entire lid. Again using The Body Shop eyeshadow brush. Sorry that the pin hasn't shown up much in this picture.
The next step is to apply orchid purple to the crease and upper and lower lash line. I do this with The Body Shop slanted brush.
I then blend out the crease with The Body Shop blending brush.
I love The Body Shop brushes as they are good quality and soft and gentle on the eye. They are easy to wash and do not loose any hairs and last for years.
The last step for the eyes is mascara. I apply my upper lashes first then zig zag the lower lashes. This gives volume, if like me you like length let the first layer dry and then add another layer to give the length required.
Last but not least is lipstick. Normally I do not like lipstick due to the dry or slimy feeling or most of all the taste. However the Estee Lauder creme lipsticks feel smooth and as if your not wearing a lipstick. Best of all there is no horrible taste. This shade is crystal pink.
I hope you enjoyed my summer look. Take care x
Wednesday, 9 July 2014
Hey everyone, today is an exciting post as I am sharing with you the contents of my The Body Shop at Home Pamper Starter Kit.
As you can see it comes in a normal brown cardboard box. Its smaller than I expected but it has quite a few goodies packed inside.
These are my customer order forms, I will hand these out to friends and family, give them to anyone who is interested in ordering the amazing products from The Body Shop at Home.
This is mu bag for life, this is how I will transport my pamper kits to my parties.
These are my catalogues, I will give these the hosts, direct customers and people who cannot attend parties.
These are my plastic spatulas, they are essential to keeping good hygiene.
These are my Lets Party Leaflets, I hand these out to party hosts to give out to their guests.
Absinthe purifying hand cream refreshes and moisturises your hands. Absinthe has been used in beauty supplies for centuries due to its purifying qualities.
Hemp hand protector, is an intense moisturiser for very dry skin specifically on the hands.
Wild rose nourishing hand butter, restores softness to the hands. This butter keeps your hands moisturised for 24 hours.
Shea body butter, is an intensely creamy body butter that leaves your skin nourished and moisturised for up to 24 hours. It is perfect for all skin types.
Moringa body butter, this is a light body butter with a subtle floral scent. It softens and strengthens the skin. Suitable for dry skin.
Coconut body butter, this is an all over body butter to intensely moisturise your skin. Suitable for dry skin.
Coconut body scrub, removes dead skin cells and prepares your skin for moisturising. It is best to layer the products so start with the coconut body wash, follow with this scrub and finish with the coconut body butter.
Peppermint reviving foot soak, this scrub is heaven for tired feet. The peppermint will cool and refresh and the effervescent salts cleanse leaving skin feeling soothed. Ready to scrub away the hard skin.
Peppermint smoothing pumice foot scrub, gives you all the tools to have perfect feet. The volcanic rock pumice scrubs away hard skin and the peppermint combats odour. This will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft and ready to moisturise.
Peppermint cooling foot lotion is perfect to finish your foot routine and keep skin feeling smooth and soft. This can be used daily to keep feet smelling sweet and feeling smooth.
Satsuma body polish, is a foaming and cleansing gel based exfoliating scrub. It helps remove dead skin cells to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. This is suitable to use everyday.
Mango body whip, is light and fluffy and is quickly absorbed by the skin. This product smells fresh and fruity and leaves skin soft and supple.
Coconut beautifying oil, is an oil that can be used on body, face and hair. It can provide 8 hours of moisturisation on the skin. It can be used as an intense conditioner for the hair. I have had to fill this with water to show you as the oil had leaked out of the bottle as the cap was open.
Strawberry shower gel smells like summer in a bottle. This foaming gel cleanses the skin leaving it fresh and soft with a subtle strawberry scent. To help the scent last and give your skin the best treatment, follow with the strawberry body butter.
Absinthe purifying hand wash, as mentioned before the absinthe purifys your skin leaving it clean and fresh, while the aloe repairs skin and leaves it soft and smooth.
Coconut shower cream, cleanses the skin and leaves it feeling fresh and soft. A perfect start to your coconut skin routine.
Amazonian wild lilly edt is a crisp fresh fragrance, it energises the senses and helps you feel ready for the day. This is the description for the product "When you use Amazonian
Wild Lily, you will escape
to the rain-kissed
jungle of the Amazon
because it contains
natural extracts of
white lily found deep in
the Amazon" I think that says it all!
I hope you enjoyed this post, I will do full user reviews on these products as I use them. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments box. If you are re in becoming a consultant or hosting a party leave a comment and I can let you know about the amazing freebies and offers available to you. Take care x